The Intelligent Global Positioning System Unit from Rand McNally
When I first started driving a semi in 1999, there were no direction finders like there are today.
We used a map, today finding your destination is so much better. I remember trying to find streets by eyeballing the small street signs.
Sometimes for one reason or another the street sign was missing, or if it snowed, you could not read the street sign because it was covered by snow.
I have even tried to find a street that the name was changed for the street, and when its raining, have fun reading the sign.
Another problem is driving by each street very slowly so you are able to read it, you start slowing down a few miles away from the street, and if you drive by the street you need to get turned around to get back to that street.
I have had to drive as much as 10 miles to find a place to turn around. The G.P.S. has made a truckers life so much more easy and less stressful.
One of the most familiar selling points of Rand McNally products is how they come from a company that has been in the game for 70 years and knows its customer very well.
One of Rand McNally’s newest offerings to the truck industry is the Rand McNally TND 720 IntelliRoute Truck GPS.
- This new device has a relatively large 7 inch screen that has a brighter, clearer screen and a tougher exterior that could withstand the most difficult conditions.
- If you want an even harder shell to keep your GPS unit safe, there are also accessories sold by the company that will suit your needs.
- This Rand McNally IntelliRoute high-frequency direction finder also boasts several features that has been known to be popular to many truck drivers.
- One of these is the enhanced truck routing feature that gives the user greater flexibility with regard to how they want to be able to get to where they want to go.
- This new GPS unit also gives the driver quick access to the truck-friendly routes that are nearby for a more seamless drive.
- One of its distinct driver-requested feature that could also help owners of companies track their truck expenditures more effectively is the fuel logging tool that records fuel usage and purchases.
- Along with these driver-requested fixtures, it also brings with it other additional features that will give it a distinct advantage over other truck GPS devices.
- One of the more important additional features is the fact that the TND 720 actually has 35% more truck routing information than other global positioning units that are being sold.
- It also gives the user a utility that allows it to note important markers such as service stations, truck stops, or weigh stations along the route that may help the truck driver and make his work easier to do.
- It even allows you to be able to keep information on the roads you have already traveled in case you happen upon them again.
- The Rand McNally TND 720 IntelliRoute Truck GPS’s 3D junction view also revolutionizes the way we look at GPS devices as it gives us more interesting and detailed information that will prove handy in managing and going through the complicated exchanges that drivers often face.
- This unit also claims to be more connected than other direction finder devices. This means that as long as WiFi connection is available. It gives the driver access to weather forecasts and conditions in the places that it travels through.
- It also keeps tabs on the possible route changes or even speed limit changes that come from construction in highways and other new developments to avoid frustrating situations that sadly happen far too often.
- Of course, all these come with the ability and privilege to send feedback about this GPS unit directly to Rand McNally so they can find out how else their direction finding units can be tweaked to better serve the truck drivers.
- The unit comes with a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery with a factory warranty that’s limited to one year. It is also important to note that as far as map coverage is concerned, the Rand McNally TND 720 IntelliRoute Truck GPS has maps for the United States and Canada.
- The purchase also includes a handy vehicle charger that comes with the global positioning unit’s usual wall charger for easier and more convenient charging.
The IntelliRoute TND 720 LM from Rand McNally features Wi-Fi connectivity and dynamic weather updates displayed on the map. Built from the ground up for professional drivers, the TND 720 LM incorporates hours of testing by truck drivers and was designed to help truckers in each phase of their work day, from planning to driving. With 35% more truck routing information than other GPS units, the device leverages Rand McNally proprietary truck data and know-how derived from over 70 years in the commercial transportation industry.